5km Event Information
June 9, 2013, The StarPhoenix Bridge City Boogie will take place starting and ending at Griffith Stadium.
The Bridge City Boogie starts promptly at 8:30am but you should be there no later than 8:00am.
This map is an approximation of the course.
Start on the Stadium Crescent in front of Griffiths Stadium
- turn left on College Drive
- turn left and run down the Cumberland Avenue to 8th Street
- turn left and run along Main Street to Preston Avenue
- turn left and run up Preston Avenue to Field House Road
- turn left onto Field House Road and follow it back to Griffith Stadium
- enter Griffith Stadium and finish with a lap around the track
Safety and Protocol
- Wheelchairs being pushed and people with strollers must line up at the back of the pack.
- NO other form of vehicle is allowed. No skateboards, bikes, rollerblades, Nordic poles, etc. will be allowed for everyone’s safety.
- All participants are expected to follow the directions of the officials and public authorities. Road marshals will be wearing safety vests and will direct you.
- No pets allowed on the course or in Griffith Stadium.
- No babysitting service – we are not able to provide babysitting services for children. Please be advised that your children should not be left unattended.
- Be sure to have fun!
- For your safety, please be conscious of the fact you are on a roadway.
- If you are in a team or group, please be considerate of the people behind you who may be trying to pass and move aside for them.
- If you are attempting to pass a slower participant, please call out “passing on your left/right”.
- Please thank the volunteers along the route.
- DO smile as you cross the finish line, there will be photographers taking pictures
Parking for the event will be accommodated by various University of Saskatchewan lots including the Stadium Parkade located
beside Griffith Stadium. Click here for a map that highlights parking options for event day.